Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) is an advertising platform available to Amazon vendors, designed to enable them to improve brand visibility and also drive demand for products and ultimately encourage people to buy your products.
Here at Montage, we are experienced in creating, setting up and optimising AMS campaigns, for both UK (amazon.co.uk) and USA (amazon.com), to ensure that your return on investment (ROI) is maximised.
Our Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) services:
- Identifying new target keywords for each campaign
- Create headlines for Headline Search ads
- Budget & bid management
- Ongoing campaign optimisation
- Regular reporting on the performance of your advertising campaigns
AMS is a tightly controllable and time effective method of getting your products noticed on the Amazon marketplace, however, it can become expensive and ineffective if not done correctly. We are experienced in setting up and optimising AMS campaigns to ensure that your return on investment (ROI) is maximised.
There are three different types of adverts available for marketers to select from on the AMS platform: Headline Search, Sponsored Products and Product Display and each has their own unique advantages.
– these ads appear as a banner at the very top of search results pages when a user’s search query matches with a targeted keyword in your campaign. When potential customers click on a Headline Search ad they will be taken to a landing which can feature your best sellers or a selection of your own chosen products. Headline Search ads are typically limited to those with a Vendor Central account.
– these ads can appear at the top, in the middle, at the bottom or to the right-hand side of search results pages when a user’s search query matches with one of your chosen keywords. When clicked on, users will be taken directly to the product’s detail page where they can then find out more and hopefully make a purchase.
– these ads appear on the product detail pages of other products. With Product Display ads, advertisers can directly target competitor products in an attempt to draw the customer to their product instead.
Vendors can view how well their campaigns are performing by looking at the main dashboard which shows metrics such as impressions, clicks, spend, total sales and advertising cost of sale (ACoS).
Transparency is a key factor for us, so we will keep you informed every step of the way. Plus you will be able to view a list of all the advertising data in the AMS platform through your own Amazon login, so there are no secrets or hidden facts.
Seller Central account?
If you have a Seller Central account as opposed to a Vendor Central account then fear not, we can still help you. We have experience with Seller Central Sponsored Product ads, so we can help to guide you through the process of getting started. We can also provide ongoing campaign management to ensure that your business is targeting the correct terms, as well as helping to manage keyword bids to ensure that you don’t pay more than you need to per click. Recently, Amazon has opened up the service to include Headline Search Ads for Sellers who have signed up to Brand Registry.
AMG (Amazon Marketing Group) is the next step up from AMS and includes banner ads both on and off the Amazon marketplace. If you are already proficient with AMS and are looking for the next step on your Amazon journey then you may wish to consider running an AMG campaign. AMG campaigns do have a minimum financial threshold which needs to be met, but with the support from dedicated teams, they have proven to be a highly successful solution for many Amazon clients.
If you are interested in finding out more about advertising on Amazon, please feel free to get in touch with our sister agency, Marketplace AMP! Marketplace AMP specialises in marketplace optimisation and can help you improve your Amazon content and listings, as well as your Amazon advertising.
For more information about how we can help to enhance your content and product listings on the online market of Amazon, view our Amazon content services or read our blog on How to increase Amazon sales.